EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED BELOW, DOODYCALL DIRECT (“SELLER”) DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING EXPRESS WARRANTIES, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY ARE ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, OR INJURY SUFFERED BY ANYONE AS A RESULT OF USING OR NOT BEING ABLE TO USE THE STATION. THE MAXIMUM VALUE OF A WARRANTY CLAIM CANNOT EXCEED THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE STATION.
Limited Two Year Station Warranty
All stations purchased from Seller are warranted free from defect in workmanship and materials on purchase. If a station is defective, it will be repaired or replaced, at Seller’s option, without charge provided satisfactory proof of the following is submitted to Seller: (1) the station was purchased from Seller, and (2) the station was purchased within 2 years (24 months) of the date purchaser notifies Seller of a defect or suspected defect.
This warranty is only given to the original purchaser of the station and is not transferable. This warranty is void under any of the following circumstances:
• The station has not been paid for in full within the terms of the sales agreement;
• The station is damaged by negligence, improper installation, or accident after purchase;
• The stations is used for a purpose other than for which it was intended to be used, or it is not used in accordance with any operating instructions supplied with the station;
• The station is adapted or repaired by someone other than the Seller or a vendor approved by the Seller;
• The station is added on to, modified or used with other goods which may affect its integrity, performance, safety, or reliability;
• Purchaser fails to properly maintain the station; or
• Seller is not granted full and free access to the station, thus preventing the Seller from determining the eligibility for warranty. Purchaser must notify Seller in writing within 30 of becoming aware of a defect or suspected defect.
This warranty does not apply to:
• Labor costs associated with corrective work for goods in question.
• Normal wear and tear.
• Paint damage or fading from:
o Sun exposure
o Abrasive cleaning products
• Failure of hinges, locks, or any moving parts due to purchaser’s failure to routinely lubricate.
• Damage caused by fire, flood, governmental action, “acts of God” or other contingencies beyond the control of Seller.